Friday, November 27, 2009

What happened?

Hey my name is Arjun. I go by the name bulu cause that's my nickname in school. I think you're smart enough to guess why the call me that. People, we are constantly bombardered with stories relating with war,terrorism,earthquakes,hurricanes,tsunamis,assasinations, and massacres. I'm a christian, and the way I get to know God contradicts with many cultures, but still me and my friends of many cultures live together in peace and we happily share and accept information bout our cultures. If sixteen year old students could practice love and tolerance like this why can't activities like ethnic cleansing happening in third world countries stop? I have seen videos of people burning others on the streets just beacause they are of different ethnicity. To me this is a more violent version of racism. In Malaysia racism is almost everywhere, I know alot of people who tend to make racist remarks. But people how can we achieve what we want to achieve when our mindsets are like this! We want to be successful and modernized but our thinking is so old fashioned or 'kolot'! There will always be a language barrier, but that doesnt mean that one should critic another race, we shouldn't look at someone and let our first impression be their race. When we talk bout someone we tend to say 'that malay person' or 'that chinese person' or 'that indian person', something which seems so miniscule and innocent like this is what leads to racism. We may say there's 20 million ppl here and its just a way to describe a person. But isn't there other ways to do it? What we need is a world of peace,love and tolerance. Wouldnt it be nice not to hear about wars in the news! Would it better to hear stories about how children in third world countries receiving enough food,shelter and education. The world knows bout suffering of others, when they see war and massacre in the news,they get sad for the moment,and they forget about it after dinner. Its time we change, we are all the same, none of us can stand suffering, some of us cant stand seeing others suffer,lets all love each other so that the killing and the famine stops. We talk bout human rights and global warming! But the problem is we talk bout it not act about it! We talk bout human rights but children in gaza continue to suffer! We talk bout global warming but we still leave the lights on for no reason! Let me tell you this isnt me alone! We know God doesnt want this! I give all my thanks to God for this! For I love him so much!

2 comments: